Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Me, myself and Tea

Happy Tuesday Everyone!

As I was waiting for my washing machine to finish its job, I spent my waiting time to make a cup of Assam tea and took out the blueberry cheesecake from the fridge that I bought from my local bakery on weekend.


I'm also accompanied by my loyal companion, my cigarette and yes I still can't and not ready yet to quit smoking, my bad I know :) Anyways, tuesday is the 2nd day of the week where I spend most of my time alone while hubby is working and so I am sometimes feel abit lonely but I try not to dwell on it and i'd rather think about something else more enjoyable, right now I'm thinking about Valentine's day that is fast approaching and looking for ideas to make and decorate for V-day.


I love my tea cup that I'm using in the photo above, I found and bought it from ebay awhile back, the cup is from Royal Vale and the saucer is from Imperial and as for my favorite ashtray is from Old Foley, they're all made in England.


I also have a framed tea quote that I printed from the internet which I love so much, it says "When in doubt, Brew up". I do love Tea Quotes and right now in search of a book that has lots of Tea Quotes in it.

So once again, I'm having tea by myself but I'm enjoying it :)

Linked to:


Sandi - Tea Time Tuesday

Lady Katherine - Tea Time Tuesday

Martha - Teacup Tuesday

Terri - Teacup Tuesday

The Plumed Pen - Teapot and Tea Things Tuesday

The Plumed Pen - Tuesday Tea for Two

9 comments:

  1. There's nothing wrong with that! I have tea by myself all the time and I love it:) My husband is usually at work for 12 hours and my boys all have their own lives now so I've learned to enjoy my own company:) Your little tea treasures are lovely!

    There's a blog that does a linky party for new bloggers, it's a great way to introduce your blog to others. Here's her link if you're interested!
    http://debbie-debbiedoos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your sweet post! I think you are doing fab at home, drinking tea in a pretty cup, getting laundry done...and blogging with friends at the same time! You go girl!
    Your Royal Vale cup is so beautiful! I have one similar and love it too. I also love your saying on the wall.
    Have a great day!
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good day, dear Susan,

    You look cozy with your cup of tea, surrounded by your favorite things. Your tea cup is so pretty and the tulip and lily of the valley design on the saucer is so lovely and unusual to see. Tulips are so pretty and perfect for this time of year and I just love lily of the valleys. They mean return of happiness and purity of heart.

    I just love your embroidered tea time runner or mat...did you make it? Vintage items such as that give a warm feeling inside.

    Have a glorious day,
    Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  4. It'a almost three o'clock here in Atlantic Canada and I just had a cup of tea by myself too! My hubby is still at work and it was time to take a break so I boiled up the kettle and made some Earl Grey. Your tea runner is really sweet. I wonder, did you do that yourself? You shared a lovely tea and thank you for coming by for tea with me.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes you just need to sit a bit and have a cup of tea by yourself and sit there and ponder.....
    Beautiful tea cup!!

    Warmly,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, Visiting you for tea.Enjoying browsing around your blog. Your tea table fixings and tea cup are very pretty today.Drop by my place when you have time if you like for alittle more tea play.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Susan: Thank you for joining us for Tea Cup Tuesday. I love your tea cup, I have one just like it. It is one of my favorites. Have a wonderful week. Take care of yourself. Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a lovely teacup and the blueberry cheesecake sure looks yummy. I really like your "Brew Up" sign - I may have to make one of those.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will share tea with you and neither of us will be lonely.
    Love your quote!!
    Hope you share your V-day ideas with us.
    Looking forward to having tea with you soon.
    Blessings, Pam

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...