Thursday, September 22, 2011

I ♥ Bunting

After a few days trying to get used to the new sewing machine, made a dash to the nearest haberdashery to buy some threads and learning to thread the bobbins as well as testing the 13 different stitches in a piece of fabric and added to that I've had a few panic attack when i made some mistakes putting the bobbins underneath which resulted some jams but thanks to hubby for trying to help me and calm me down and re-reading the manual again and again, I finally braved myself to make my first cushion cover.


I added bunting for extra cuteness :p I must say the stitches are still messy, i'm still learning on how to sew a straight line, it keeps running away from me :) I'm going to practice more, maybe on simple projects first.


I feel abit guilty on putting other half done projects aside because of this and there are so many new ideas that i wanted to do including christmas projects. So many things to do, so little time! I'll have to blame all of you lovely ladies for inspiring me :) each time i visited your blogs, i got inspired and wanting to make what you made, wanting to buy what you bought hehe...drooling over each and everyone's blog posts, I gotta say You're all my inspirations, so I Thank you!

13 comments:

  1. You'd never know you're a beginner Susan, it's very cute and very professional. You're obviously intrinsically crafty - not fair!

    By the way, I seem to have mislaid the email with your address in from when you won my giveaway ages ago. Could you resend it to me please, I have something for you x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your enthusiasm!! You are so determined and very creative. I love the cushion and how you displayed it in your photos. CRAFTY! VERY CRAFTY! I can't wait to visit again and see your next project. Happy days to you!!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an outstanding first project Susan, gorgeous colours too. Totally going to add your bunting cushion to my list of cushion-to-do's x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan it looks brilliant!! It's so impressive and pretty - especially since it's your first project with your new machine - I'd be very proud to have made that myself!

    Gorgeous :-)

    Jem xXx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also have lots of things I want to sew, I've been slacking but need to get in gear because the holidays will be here before we know it.
    I love the bunting also!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, my goodness!!! I love, love your cushion cover! I think it's so very darling (I want one). Am I coveting? LOL It's just that it's so cheery and fun to look at. I like all the materials you used, and, frankly, I think you've done quite a remarkable job! Keep sewing, and remember to breathe.

    Blessings,
    Marianne xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done! That is so cute! You go, girl!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Susan I love your cushion cover! you're right the bunting gives the cushion so much cuteness! :) You seem to be getting on with your machine really well, don't worry about any wonky stitches I didn't notice. Can't wait to see what else you sew.

    Bee happy x
    Have a delicious day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That cushion is gorgeous!! i want it i want it!!

    Well done you. Your blog is fab!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Susan, no one would know you were a newbie on the sewing machine, your cushion cover is beautiful!! You are so talented hun. Mwah Scarlett xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow I love that bunting cushion cover! I can't believe that is your first project! It's amazing! Can I have one! :P x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like..I like a lot! I think it has turned out fab..love the bunting on it.
    I had quite a hassle as well, trying to do the bobbin bit on my sewing machine at first, my hubby had to help me with the instructions. They may as well been in latin to me :P
    Happy Crafting!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. OK, now I am really worried about this swap! If that is your first cushion cover I'm in trouble! It's lovely - just the kind of thing I've tried to do for my daughter's room...where her curtains have been waiting to be hemmed for over a year. Oops. I am coveting your sewing prowess!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...