Monday, December 26, 2011

Merry Christmas

Yesterday was an exhausting day and im sure i'm not the only who feels that way but it was lovely, thank you for hubby's help in the kitchen and glad that his parents enjoyed the meal :)


The Menu





Lunch drags to Dinner with breaks after each course as the parents came after church and we served hot toddy to warm them up while i was busy in the kitchen checking the roasted veggies and appetizer.


we had red wine with the meals then I accompanied my father in law drinking gin and tonic (his favorite), hubby made irish coffee for all of us while relaxing in the evening watching ratatouille on TV.


I think my father in law and I are quite drunk, poor hubby as he can't drink except one glass of red wine during the meal as he had to drive his parents back home but he made it up afterwards, we stayed up til almost midnight :)


til next year's christmas but i'm so glad now it's over, i looked so tired :)


Woke up late today and going to make bubble and squeak after this. Happy Holidays!

6 comments:

  1. That is one delicious sounding Christmas menu! You better watch out, everyone will want to come over to yours, with that yummy menu and those drinks (gotta love an Irish coffee!).

    Christmas dinner is always a busy one to prepare, at least the day after Christmas one can relax and just eat left overs :)

    Take it easy and have a lovely boxing day..

    Magie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww! Your home looks so lovely. Thank-you so much for the gifts, I am a very pleased girly :)
    I don't know how you managed to get the salt n pepper pots to match my Sweets jar! hehehe, it's very shabby chic indeed.

    And I absolutely adore the bracelet too, I've always been quite fond of charm bracelets!
    Thank you, lots and lots of love.

    p.s I hope you like the book, and it's not one you have already got. I love the ideas inside! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM - Everything looks delicious, Susan! And you are so funny with saying that your Father-in-law and you were quite drunk! LOL! All the cocktails, and especially the Irish coffee, sounded wonderful, and I would have been quite drunk right along with you! ;)
    Happy Holidays!
    Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing the photos...It's like I'm there with all of you..Sounds utterly delightful....all the wonderful eats, and Irish coffee. I got to make two batches of cookies on Saturday. My son's dad made a wonderful dinner of prime rib roast, asparagus and mashed potatoes. So that was really appreciated.

    I can imagine you are tired. But it was quite worth it - yes? My feet are still recovering from work, so I am glad I have off today (Monday), too. Luckily, I have New Year's eve and New Years day off, also. Yea!!!! I think this year is going to be positively abundantly wonderful for all of us.

    I love your Christmas banner - did you make it? You home looks so festive, and full of all the love, peace and joy that Christmas should be. I know that for me it's a rejuvenating event which reminds me to keep all of that in my heart and life throughout the year. But I will admit that I'm a bit sad when all the lights and Christmas decorations are taken down. I keep a little nativity up all year.

    Signing off to do more resting and eating...hee, hee..
    Love,
    Marianne xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas. I haven't had a hot toddy in so long. The Christmas banner is so cute. I hope the New Year brings you much joy.
    ~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had a fabulous christmas, i love your little menu cards and you dining room looks beautiful - i was also totally eyeing up all your china! Have a happy new year chickadee :o) Scarlett x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...