Thursday, November 8, 2012

Loving These

I've been meaning to blog about this for awhile now but other things seem got in the way, i dont know if any of you remember my blog entry about my attempt to make a cross stitch mural Here inspired by a talented dutch lady by the name of Eline Pellinkhof, well anyways I fell in love with her creations and that time i knew she wrote craft books but unfortunately they're in dutch language.

My sister and I are very close and we often chat via whatsapp on the phone and since she lives in Netherlands, she was telling me about this big craft show that was going to be held near to where she lives and coz i can't just fly to the Netherlands a few weeks after i just came back from my long holiday in Indonesia (i'm broke), I just told her about the book by Eline Pellinkhof that Im drooling over, she said she'll keep an eye on it if she saw it. I'm so thrilled and over the moon when a few weeks later a parcel dropped on my doorstep from my sister, she apparently has bought me not one but two books of Eline's (though they're written in dutch which i dont understand, i'm still happy that she bought me those as my birthday gifts and oh i just love flipping through the pages and see the lovely creations and beautiful photos in it). Not only she bought the two books but she also bought me the Christmas fabric from Eline too! a metre long fabrics with like 9 lovely different christmassy designs on it. (you can see the video of the pages inside the book in her website)



..and not long after, while browsing through Mollie Makes magazine last month, i was so happy to see that she finally published her book in English and i cant resist the offer of Mollie Makes magazine that if i subscribed the mags, i'll get the book for free plus a metre of eline's fabric, vintage design. Hubby seems to not mind it as long as i ticked the 6 months subscriptions, not a year's :P

I'm a happy bunny! I've been using some of the designs on the fabrics I got of Eline's and also make some creations from the book, but that's for another post. I guess Christmas comes early for me :)

Last but not least, I would like to say Thank you for my dear blogger friend Bee Happy for sending me a lovely card with little sticky note to put in the book written by her that I bought before i went for a holiday in Indonesia in July, I read her book on the airplane and i gotta say it's hilarious and very helpful if i ever want to buy/sell a house hehe.

..and thank you also for the cute matching bookmark you sent too. Until..next time..

6 comments:

  1. I love these books too! she has some gorgeous makes in them :) thank you for your mention you are so lovely! and thank you for all of your sweet comments on my blog posts :) Hope you are having a great week, I have a cold and am feeling terrible :(

    Bee happy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love 'Bee Happy,' and the book looks delightful. My sister used to cross stitch, but I haven't seen it in years. What a talent this is.
    ~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aah nothing nicer than lovely parcels in the post. Have a great weekend xx

    ps. Yes I've seen the anime girl, and her friend the real Barbie. That is true adherence to your look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It all looks so beautiful. I love the way you displayed these items.

    :) Hope

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Susan, dear...
    The designs and books look so wonderful!! How sweet your sister sent you them. Sisters are the best, aren't they?
    I can't wait to see all the lovelies you make.

    ooo..the roses are sooo pretty - soothing, calming, and cool looking. Deb is so talented. I've been so busy with work and trying to work on myself, that I haven't really been posting very often. But I will when I have something good to offer.

    Glad to see you posting again. Always love your blog.

    Blessings for creative fun and financial boosts,
    Marianne xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love receiving unexpected parcels in the post, what lovely surprises for you! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...